 General / 39785
  How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

Well, the title of this post might be a little presumptuous, as the story isn’t really over, but I thought it sounded nice. Anyway, I thought with Lugnet being slow and people away studying for exams and preparing holiday feasts, that I might share (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people) !!

  LEGO and me--was Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

In lugnet.general, John P. Henderson writes: <snip> (...) Wow, long story--glad it's going someplace better, i.e. not drinking to excess. My story will be a bit shorter... LEGO has always been a part of my life, since before I can remember. There (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

(...) [snip] Fabulous story, thanks for sharing it! Hobbies are a Good Thing, aren't they? Kevin (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

Hello! (...) Better a brickoholic than an alcoholic. I think stories like yours absolutelly belong to a hobby and they are well worthwhile to be shared with the community. (...) Well, in my case... Since I collect and build with LEGO that exessively (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

(...) John, good for you. I related HUGE to that. I recently separated myself from a long term girl friend. I think it's for the best, but change is difficult. I also have spent a bit too much, I'm still in school so I won't be going out very often (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

John, your story has hit home with me. I share many of these experiences. I always thought that Lego was the one thing that did not talk back to me, tell what to do, draw unfair judgements on me, or otherwise. In fact it was the one thing that (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

Wow! That's great. I'm glad Lego helped you. Personaly I find Lugnet and all the AFOLs a great help. I have never met any of you off-line but I always feel like I have a group of friends here. This is a great help, as I am constantly moving and (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

(...) Here's a repeat of my original post about how Lego helped me through some dark days: (URL) continues to be a positive part of my life to this day. And the friends I've made through Lego are the best! :-) - Bob (21 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

Way to go, Hendo! I am very glad to hear that you were able to pull yourself out of a bad cycle and am also glad that lego was part of that. Here is my story. I am a foster parent. I currently have three foster children and one biological child in (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

Thank you for sharing ... -- Pawel (21 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

Great stories everybody. John, I really glad to hear that the only addiction you still have is only for LEGO. LEGO did help me alot of times simply cause every downfall I had, I was just glad to see the LEGO on my shelfs. When I was growing up, the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)