 General / 37144
Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:21:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Cary Clark writes:
snip<
Very impressive, Jake. Thanks for adding this resource to the community.

Still, I'm not sure how to make use of it. For instance, suppose I'd like to
build the JHM-23 Diesel Locomotive. The parts list is a great place to
start. Once I've acquired the parts though, I have to sit in front of the
computer and click through the steps one at a time.

I've tried putting all of the steps on a laptop, and that's not too bad. I
create my own HTML document and paste in all of the JPEGs (or, being a
programmer, I write code that pastes in all of the JPEGs.) Then I can view
that document, have it load all of the JPEGs, disconnect from the network,
and carry the laptop to the subterrainian LEGO storage facility (i.e., the
basement).
snip<
How do you see the construction instructions being used?

Cary
Printing color instructions eats ink like crazy. For those with a color PDA the
program Fireviewer for Palm OS works great. I download the jpegs to my
computer, then use Fireconverter and compress the files 50% and to 256 colors
to keep the size manageable. Then hotsync to my Sony Clie (128 MB Memory Stick
holds LOTS of instructions) My computer and LEGO stash are on 2 different
floors so this is waaay handy  :)
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)