 Announcements / 1655
    Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Jake McKee
   All, Several years ago, I had a vision of a link portal that would be a one stop destination for all finding all the fan created building instructions on the Web. For a number of reasons, this project kept getting moved to the back burner, and never (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad) !!

        Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —James Trobaugh
     Jake, I like the idea, I think it will be a nice resource. A few things I noticed right away: 1) Could you add away that I can see all the instructions with out being broken in to catagories? I have to do a lot of clicking to just browse the current (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Jake McKee
     (...) Thanks! Yeah, I hope it gets used! (...) I am still trying to work out a way to do something like this. The problem is that if the resources gets used a lot, then that single page would be REALLY long. Let me put some thought into it. (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Jason J. Railton
     Jake - I love this idea, and I think it looks great. I've got some suggestions too, but please don't take them as criticisms! (...) It would be much more useful to have this at the moment, while there are still empty categories. I'm not sure about (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Jake McKee
     (...) Sorry to reply to my own post, but I forgot to mention... If you don't see a category, sub-category, sub-sub-category, etc., just click the "Suggest Category" link. I just threw a few of the bigger categories in before launching. Thanks! Jake (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Jacob Sparre Andersen
     (...) building instructions, and I hope everybody else will do this as well. The category selection indicates that you are a big train fan. You might want to add a few subcategories below some of the other main categories as well. Jacob (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Jake McKee
     (...) Great! I just approved all your links, so they should be live now. (...) I am indeed a trains fan, which is why there were more trains categories. But the idea is that people will help build not only the content (the links) but also the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Cary Clark
     (...) Very impressive, Jake. Thanks for adding this resource to the community. Still, I'm not sure how to make use of it. For instance, suppose I'd like to build the JHM-23 Diesel Locomotive. The parts list is a great place to start. Once I've (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —William Toenjes
     (...) Printing color instructions eats ink like crazy. For those with a color PDA the program Fireviewer for Palm OS works great. I download the jpegs to my computer, then use Fireconverter and compress the files 50% and to 256 colors to keep the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Steve Bliss
     Hi Jake! I visited your site this morning, it looks very nice. Maybe a little confusing, I'll have to spend some more time there--maybe I was still a little sleepy this morning. ;) One suggestion: could you add counts on the main page(s)? So by the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Bruce Hietbrink
     Very cool. This looks like the sort of thing that could really grow to be one of the key Lego AFOL sites (alongside Brickshelf, Peeron, Lugnet . . . ). One question. Do you have restrictions on how the instructions are done? All the ones I clicked (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Jake McKee
     (...) All good questions! Yes, you are totally free to upload links to any sort of building instruction, in any format. The only restriction is that it is a building instruction...for LEGO creations! Now looking some time into the future, I forsee a (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Tim Courtney
     (...) Hey Jake - I definitely welcome more articles in the Tutorials section on the site. Rob Drechsel sent me an email about a week ago reporting in that his building instruction tutorial is nearing completion. He told me he would be out of town (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Ahui Herrera
     (...) After talking to Tim I've updated the tutorial list (just right now) to include the following: RNDR 210 Creating Building Instructions for the Web (What Rob is doing) RNDR 211 Creating Building Instructions for Printing (open) I've left RNDR (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Tim Courtney
     (...) How are you picking the numbers on these? It seems on the list you posted today you jump around in the RNDR category - 204 jumps to 220, etc. Just curious... :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Ahui Herrera
     (...) (WARNING!! WARNING!!! stepping into the innerworking of Ahui' brian....) RNDR 101 - 199 is deveoted to simple rendering actions (getting POV to output a default image at any angle of your model, turon on/off a lite, playing iwth the POV code, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Jacob Sparre Andersen
     (...) separate direct links to the LDraw and on-line editions of the (free) building instructions. Also, the pages seem a bit heavy to me. If I was in charge of the page design, I would probably drop the table based layout you use for the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live! —Bob Parker
   (...) snipped (...) Good deal! I already built the intermodal spine car and love it! But thanks to you, now I have to go to Bricklink and buy a bunch of pieces so I can build 2 or 3 more of them!! - Bob (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)