 General / 37136
Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:02:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh writes:
Jake,

I like the idea, I think it will be a nice resource.

Thanks! Yeah, I hope it gets used!

A few things I noticed right away:

1) Could you add away that I can see all the instructions with out being
broken in to catagories? I have to do a lot of clicking to just browse the
current instructions. It would be nice to just see a list of all available
instructions no matter what their catagory.

I am still trying to work out a way to do something like this. The problem
is that if the resources gets used a lot, then that single page would be
REALLY long. Let me put some thought into it.

2) Is there a way for you to include a thumbnail with the item description
so I don't have to open each link to see what I'm looking at?

I am also still trying to work on that as well. I didn't include it in the
first release because of the issues at hand. I will put it on the list for
more thought. The problem there is that either I have to add a huge level of
complexity on my end in order to upload and store the thumbnails, or I have
to add a level of complexity for the users to also enter the URL for the
thumbnail on their site. Hmm... let me keep thinking about this one.

I guess I need to get working on some instructions for a few of my models,
might even have to build a few Rail Racer instructions so there is something
in the Trains/Other catagory :)

Alright!

Thanks for the comments James! Keep the ideas coming!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
LEGO Enthusiast