 General / 13611
Re: Two new LEGO pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 19:17:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Foote writes:
The big problem with getting a slower walk is that minifigs have a very
limited range of motion. It's hard to get a smooth leg motion up and over then
next LEGO stud in front of them, and getting them in a transitional step (both
feet off studs) makes them very unsturdy. But then, the minifigs look so cute
and cartoonish I kind of like the way they zip across the baseplate at 54000
studs/hour. (BTW, that's an accurate calculation. Anyone know what the scale
speed is?)

Assuming a minifig is about 6 feet tall, and that your average stud is 8mm
across, about 7mm=1 foot.... So it makes 54,000 studs/hour about 11.7 miles per
hour in minifig scale... I think that represents a running speed for most
people? Not too bad at all, actually... they just look cute doing it!

DaveE