 Announcements / 442
Subject:
Two new LEGO pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:07:22 GMT

Hello all. This is my first post to LUGNET. I just wanted to let you all know
that I have created two LEGO pages of my own, and I invite everyone to come
check them out!

(1) The Crossbots Pages: I was inspired by Jim Cane's Ultra Throwbots page, and
I wanted to come up with my own alternate Throwbot designs. But since I only
have one of each Throwbot kit, I couldn't make Ultra Throwbots of my own. But
then I thought to myself, "Hmmm... What if I cross-breed them?"

    http://members.xoom.com/thomasfoote/tcp/crossbot.html

(2) LEGO Home Movies: Using a camcorder, a video digitizer, my assorted LEGO,
and a lot of patience and disk space, I have finally achieved an old interest
of mine of making my own stop-motion films.

    http://members.xoom.com/thomasfoote/legomovies/lmovies.html

Let me know what you think of them!

Thomas Foote

Re: Two new LEGO pages
(2) LEGO Home Movies: Using a camcorder, a video digitizer, my assorted LEGO,
and a lot of patience and disk space, I have finally achieved an old interest
of mine of making my own stop-motion films.

   http://members.xoom.com/thomasfoote/legomovies/lmovies.html

Let me know what you think of them!

Thomas Foote

Thomas --

I loved your home movies (paticularly the UFO one, it really made me laugh) --
let's hope that other AFOLs will be inspired to make Lego stop motion films.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Re: Two new LEGO pages
I´ve only downloaded one when I´m writing this, but I´ll watch the others as
well.
One of my dreams too has to be able to make stop-motion films of lego-models.
Especially with my classic space minifigs, my moon landscape and my blacktron
Battrax... That would be cool!
I like the way the minifig walk, although he is walking pretty quick :-)
It´s probably hard to make minifigs walk in a good way.

--Tobias

In lugnet.general, Tobias Möller writes:
Great movies!
I´ve only downloaded one when I´m writing this, but I´ll watch the others as
well. One of my dreams too has to be able to make stop-motion films of
lego-models. Especially with my classic space minifigs, my moon landscape and
my blacktron Battrax... That would be cool!
I like the way the minifig walk, although he is walking pretty quick :-)
It´s probably hard to make minifigs walk in a good way.

Especially considering that they don't have knees or ankles... just that one
BIG toe... :)

   http://members.xoom.com/thomasfoote/legomovies/lmovies.html

Great movies! I just wish my PC at work had a sound card!

DaveE

Re: Two new LEGO pages
What synthesizer did you use to make the sounds?

KL