 Events / BrickFest / 484
Re: Brickfest news flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:10:25 GMT

Actually, I got the IMPRESSION from what was said that the decision of where
to ship from had been made, but Brad didn't specifically tell us which
facility would be handling it.  Of course, I could just be hallucinating
here....

Troy

Deidre Rushton Brumby <drb@tasmail.com> wrote in message
Working from memory here, but I believe Brad stated that determining • which
fulfilment center to ship from (European or US) was one of the decisions
that had to be made, so I wouldn't suspect that they plan to warehouse
anything in Australia.

Unfortunately, this is the decision that has had to be made for the last • 12
months, and has presumably been a big part of the reason for our last two
launch dates (actually more like launch windows) being postponed.

I was extremely happy to read this news from Brad, but now I'm wondering • if
it's the same old story over again. "You'll have SAH by month X, we've • just
got to figure out whether you'll be going through the US or Europe".  6
months later and it's "You'll have SAH by month Y, we've just got to • figure
out whether you'll be going through the US or Europe".  This might be the
3rd instance of this particular statement, I've kinda lost count.

Personally I don't care where they fulfil the orders, I just want it
available directly to us and in terms of the Aus dollar - and whilst I'm
sure the Aus government deserves a good kicking, I doubt the import
regulations are the whole story.

Anyway, many thanks to the brickfest people for forwarding the news!

Deidre (All I want for Christmas is my shop-at-home, shop-at-home,
shop-at-home...)
drb@tasmail.com