 Events / BrickFest / 428
Re: Brickfest news flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:59:48 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Brad Justus: (quoted with permission)

"It is intended that the entire Shop at Home experience will be available in
Australia by the end of the 4th quarter of 2001..."

Paraphrased by Lar for dramatic effect: "One of the big holdups is your
government who requires BOTH electronic AND paper import documents for the
same import shipment. Complain to them."

The last time I checked, we had a very large balance of payments deficit...
clearly, lots of companies - including a large Danish manufacturer of ABS
bricks - are already managing to cope with our import requirements.

Blame the government? Of all the things that the government may be blamed
for, I think this one tends toward the irrelevant.

I suspect they're just a long way down the list of excuses.

I in turn suspect you haven't thought things through.

Unless they run a fulfilment center, they have to do that doc for each and
every order.