 Events / 944
Re: BrickFest(TM) PDX 2004 Announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:44:43 GMT

More info.
6,500 sq. ft. of space: 1 giant main room, 1 giant expo room, & 2
large class rooms
Downtown Portland (a beautiful city I might add!)
The light rail (MAX) connects the airport to the OCC as well as the
rest of down town.

We hope to see you all there!

Steve Barile
Event Coordinator

As somewhat an outsider I've decided to put in my two cents worth. I went to the
first BricksWest just to see what the "Lego Community" was like and since I
worked with Matt to create the badges and trophies, etc. (I'm the guy who
engraved the name badges). Christina then contacted me about BrickFest and went
last year. Very well organized and interesting although I did not see as much of
it as I had wished. Food at the Indinan and Vietnamese restaurants was great.
Obviously, it takes a lot of effort to put on such an event. Steve has an
incredible venue lined up--I just checked it out on the web
http://www.oregoncc.org/. And you can fly there and back from just about
anywhere in the US for less than the price of a blockade runner. Southwest
Airlines always has some kind of deal going. Light Rail. Pretty City. Supposed
to have some great food and wine. Obviously going to be well organized. What
else do Lego Fans want? Matt is not to be found, or at least will not return any
requests (believe me, I call him once a week for obvious reasons). In my
opinion, AFOLs should just start saving money to go to Oregon(and from my
observations, plenty of yall are damned smart and  have some pretty darn good
jobs). I'm almost thinking of coming myself. Thank your lucky stars that someone
has taken the initiative for the undertaking and support it.

Tommy Armstrong
hptdesigns@hockyjocky.com