 Castle / 5518
Re: Am I the only one who likes Jar-Jar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 06:31:16 GMT

From: "Jon Furman" <rambocalrissian@yahoo.com>

I understand that 3-po wasn't always mugging for the camera, had a few serious
lines, and wasn't blatantly pandering to the child audience, but 3-po was
walking comic relief throughout most of the entire trilogy.  Just as Jar-Jar
was.

I think you've pretty much nailed down why people who like Threepio don't
like Jar Jar.

1) Threepio didn't talk in that ridiculous voice. Prissy, yes, baby-talk,
no.

2) Threepio was at times a valuable asset to the adventure.

3) Threepio never stepped in poop.

Jar Jar had no real reason for being in the movie. It would have been quite
simple to rewrite the movie and leave him out completely.

~Mark

--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego