 Castle / 5517
Re: Am I the only one who likes Jar-Jar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 05:38:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Chris Maddison writes:
Now, don't get me wrong, I think Jar-Jar was the worst thing about Ep. 1, but
I can't help but love the lego version.  I've got 12 Gungans, and I use em for
orcs and ogres.

Interesting application of JarJar...I have considered integrating them into
my Castle/fantasy story as benign amphibians or Sorceror's lizard
stooges...due primarily to the minifig head

Right now they're all tan, but I plan on making a few green,
grey, orange maybe, etc when I get around to learning how to paint and greatly
modify ABS (any pointers Craig?).  What I'm getting at is WHY does everyone
hate the lego Jar-Jar?  Granted, he only has (as of yet) 2 uses:  Jar-Jar, or
an orc.  Now, if you're not into the fantasy side of Castle, just the
historical acurateness, then I could understand why you dislike him, but what
other reason could you have?  Just wondering...
-Chris

I found JarJarannoying in my first few viewings of the movie...I found it
agrivating that he came in so many sets when there were other characters I
would have rather seen.

HOWEVER,

I like the torso and legs....I simply added yellow hands and Ninja theme
heads.  I made 1 JarJar torso a swordsmith apprentice.  I use about a dozen
of them as ltter barers and galley slaves; a few more as generic Asian style
peasants...

The green torso in the Gungan patrol is really cool...I have turned several
into Green Samurai and green Ninjas...

Essentially my opinion is becoming more positive towards the torsos, but
still nuetral towards the head...I was happy to see a true alien
representation in Lego and I hope this bodes well for future head variation,
like the aforementioned Tolkien creatures...

I would live to see a Walrus man or Hammerhead in a SW Cantina scene...maybe
a greedo?

                      John