 Castle / 5504
Re: Am I the only one who likes Jar-Jar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:13:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jon Furman writes:
I've always wondered why everyone who hates Jar-Jar Binks seems to not mind c-
3po, who is the slightly less annoying Jar-Jar of the original trilogy.

I understand that 3-po wasn't always mugging for the camera, had a few serious
lines, and wasn't blatantly pandering to the child audience, but 3-po was
walking comic relief throughout most of the entire trilogy.  Just as Jar-Jar
was.

He bumbles through laser battles (on the way to the escape pod)every bit as
unbelieveably as Jar Jar destroys the droid army.  Much like Jar-Jar He says
stupid things at the worst times (Like whenever Han Solo is about to do
something cool).  He babbles on about things we could care less about.

They fill the same role in the films, but I submit that the reason that no one
likes Jar-Jar and everyone likes threepio is that we experienced threepio as a
child, and Jar-Jar as an adult.

Ummmm, errrrr, you are making a presumption about peoples' ages.  Now, maybe if
you had mentioned Robby the Robot and Forbidden Planet...

Bruce