 Castle / 5509
Re: Am I the only one who likes Jar-Jar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 01:37:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Andrew Krug writes:
Chris

While I can appreciate your creative nature in adapting old JAR-JAR for use as
an ORC or Goblin type creature, that's just not how I picture my Orcs.  I
would love to put more fantasy type creatures into my lego creations but I see
Orcs as being more ape-like and JAR-JAR isn't a good replacement in my mind.
Until lego decides to buy the license for the upcoming "Lord of the Rings"
movie (we can only hope, think of the Castle type sets they could create from
that????  WOW!!!!) JAR-JAR and his Gungan brothers will be as close as we will
get to anything resembling an Orc.  Perhaps I could spray paint a bunch of
those Timmy (lego maniac) figures dark green, brown, or black and use them
instead of JAR-JAR for my Orcs?????  Maybe I'll just hold off.

Andy

Try replacing knight heads and warrior heads with the Scorpion guys from the
Hydronaut series!  They have a sinister and inhuman appearance.  Orcs in the
Tolkien world were Melkor's perversion of the captured Elves into his own
image in ancient Middle Earth history.  The head change does the trick just
fine!  Try it on some of your old Fright Knight swordsmen with the breastplate
print and see what you think!
:)
Aaron