 Castle / 5363
Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:11:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Timothy Carl Buchheim writes:
Bradley Dale wrote:

Never noticed that before. Maybe a $9.99 set? Kinda junky like the rest of • the
Knights Kingdom:), but it's a good way to get a black treasure chest.

$9.99 American? Looking at it, I'd expect less than that, maybe $9.99 in
Canada though.

Given the way KK is priced, I'd believe $9.99 ... it only would need
about 50 pieces to cost $9.99..

I don't like the look of the boxes (which I think are an
ugly tan, but know are not the traditional dark yellow).

I like the new box design.  Yes, it's different, but it looks nice.  The
old design looks, well, old.  The new design looks much more like
typical 2000 packaging, in the colors and fonts used.

backgrounds in the official set photos are friendly grassy hills and blue
skies, when we expected mysterious rocky cliffs and skies in the yellow-red
range. There just isn't that sense of scary adventure we have come to
assosciate with Medieval LEGO toys, Knights Kingdom just comes off as being • too
nice.

If you want scary, then go find Fright Knights while you can.  Most
stores are still trying to get rid of them.  I don't think this series
is supposed to be scary.  why should anything medieval be scary?

I already have the Night Lord's Castle (great set!), but the smaller Witch's
Manor castle is nowhere to be found (I am not allowed to buy off the Internet,
so please don't offer). Scary was a bad choice of words, I said I can't really
describe why I don't like the new packaging.