 Castle / 5301
Subject:
Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:05:49 GMT

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, or MAYBE it was covered MONTHS ago,
but.....

I picked up a couple of red buckets of stuff last night at Target, and was
flipping through the catalog that came with them. It's a 2000 catalog (pre-Dino
island so it just has the advertisement for it), and I wanted tomake sure there
wasn't anything I was missing in it. On the Castle page, right smack dab int he
middle of the diorama (below the castle itself) is a little wagon. Made up of
grey and blue bricks, with a BLACK treasure chest in it. What is that? Anyone
have any ideas? Is it some set that got cut from the line???

Matt

Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???
I don't think I have a surviving 2000 brochure, so I checked brickshelf.
You're right, there is a strange wagon.  My guess is that it is a 2001 set.
Why?  Grab a 1996 catalogue, and look at the Wild West diorama.  What is that
beneath the 6769 Fort Legoredo?  The 6716 covered wagon released in 1997!  Its
probably just a little joke by the catalogue designers.  We probably will see a
wagon like that in the near future.

In lugnet.castle, Matt Brooks writes:
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, or MAYBE it was covered MONTHS ago,
but.....

I picked up a couple of red buckets of stuff last night at Target, and was
flipping through the catalog that came with them. It's a 2000 catalog • (pre-Dino
island so it just has the advertisement for it), and I wanted tomake sure • there
wasn't anything I was missing in it. On the Castle page, right smack dab int • he
middle of the diorama (below the castle itself) is a little wagon. Made up of
grey and blue bricks, with a BLACK treasure chest in it. What is that? Anyone
have any ideas? Is it some set that got cut from the line???

Matt

Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, or MAYBE it was covered MONTHS ago,
but..... • <snip>
Is it some set that got cut from the line???

Yeah, probably... there was a discussion about it earlier this year, but it
never showed up. Too bad... :-(

As for black treasure chests - they appeared in the desert Adventurers' line.

-Shiri

Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???
I don't think I have a surviving 2000 brochure, so I checked brickshelf.
You're right, there is a strange wagon.  My guess is that it is a 2001 set.
Why?  Grab a 1996 catalogue, and look at the Wild West diorama.  What is that
beneath the 6769 Fort Legoredo?  The 6716 covered wagon released in 1997!  Its
probably just a little joke by the catalogue designers.  We probably will see • a
wagon like that in the near future.

Actually, 6716 was available in 1996 (around Christmas) as part of a special
bonus pack. Besides the wagon, the pack contained a 6755 Sheriff's lock-up and
a 6712 Sheriff's showdown. It sold for 49.99 Can$ (about 35$ US).

So, it is possible that we will see the unknown Castle wagon later this year
as part of a promotion.

Kev Z

In lugnet.castle, Matt Brooks writes:
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, or MAYBE it was covered MONTHS ago,
but.....

I picked up a couple of red buckets of stuff last night at Target, and was
flipping through the catalog that came with them. It's a 2000 catalog • (pre-Dino
island so it just has the advertisement for it), and I wanted tomake sure • there
wasn't anything I was missing in it. On the Castle page, right smack dab int • he
middle of the diorama (below the castle itself) is a little wagon. Made up of
grey and blue bricks, with a BLACK treasure chest in it. What is that? Anyone
have any ideas? Is it some set that got cut from the line???

Matt

Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???
Yeah, probably... there was a discussion about it earlier this year, but it
never showed up. Too bad... :-(

Too bad is right! It looks interesting!!!

As for black treasure chests - they appeared in the desert Adventurers' line.

Yes, I got a coupel of them. I think I got two from the Ninja lines also....

Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???
On the Castle page, right smack dab in the
middle of the diorama (below the castle itself) is a little wagon. Made up of
grey and blue bricks, with a BLACK treasure chest in it. What is that? Anyone
have any ideas? Is it some set that got cut from the line???

Never noticed that before. Maybe a $9.99 set? Kinda junky like the rest of the
Knights Kingdom:), but it's a good way to get a black treasure chest.

You're right, there is a strange wagon.  My guess is that it is a 2001 set.
Why?  Grab a 1996 catalogue, and look at the Wild West diorama.  What is that
beneath the 6769 Fort Legoredo?  The 6716 covered wagon released in 1997!

I saw that too. I wondered what it was until it was released at the very end
of '96

Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???