 Castle / 5355
Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:17:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Timothy Jones writes:
On the Castle page, right smack dab in the
middle of the diorama (below the castle itself) is a little wagon. Made up • of
grey and blue bricks, with a BLACK treasure chest in it. What is that? • Anyone
have any ideas? Is it some set that got cut from the line???

Never noticed that before. Maybe a $9.99 set? Kinda junky like the rest of the
Knights Kingdom:), but it's a good way to get a black treasure chest.

$9.99 American? Looking at it, I'd expect less than that, maybe $9.99 in
Canada though.  I agree, there is sometihng junky about the Knights Kingdom. I
haven't pinpointed exactly what though, has anybody?  Perhaps it is the way the
sets are presented, I don't like the look of the boxes (which I think are an
ugly tan, but know are not the traditional dark yellow).  And the digital
backgrounds in the official set photos are friendly grassy hills and blue
skies, when we expected mysterious rocky cliffs and skies in the yellow-red
range.  There just isn't that sense of scary adventure we have come to
assosciate with Medieval LEGO toys, Knights Kingdom just comes off as being too
nice.  Also the moo-men lack an official name.  Why are you :)ing if you aren't
happy with the quality of the models?