 Castle / 2790
2789  |  2791
Subject:
[CW] Combining Stories over great distances.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:38:03 GMT

I just had an idea and I don't remember anyone posting it before so I thought I
would even though someone must have thought of it before.

Many of us live close to at least one other member of CW and in my case I live
near Jeff Johnstone, Shiri Dori, and Dave Eaton.  This makes it easy for us to
combine story lines if we want because we can just get together on a
weekend/weeknight and set things up.

What I was thinking however was how to combine stories of members that do not
live close to each other.  My idea is actually quite simple.

Say Pawel and I wanted to combine stories and say have Richard Cypher (My
Character) visit or pass through The Devil's Gap (Pawel's Creation) all we
would have to do is have Pawel create a copy of Richard Cypher (Assuming he has
the parts) and then take the pictures of Richard Cypher at The Devil's Gap.

Of course this only works if someone has the parts to create a duplicate
character but at least in Richard Cypher's case all of his parts come from sets
available in 1999-2000.  Unfortunately I could not (at least yet) return the
favor to Pawel because I don't have the parts to create a copy of Verneer :-(.

This obviously gets more difficult when part modification is involved and when
rare parts are used but I think it is something I would like to try sometime
with someone.

Just a random thought...

Eric Kingsley,

The New England LEGO Users Group