 Castle / 2791
Re: Hill landscape...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
I'm almost done with this hill landscaping I'm doing. It's for my first
chapter, and (due to my lack of pieces in any color, especially green) is only
3.3 studs high and approx. 32x32 in the widest places.

Has anyone done this before, and can give some tips I can draw upon to my 'lil
hill? (It's actually only a hilltop (1), but whatever)...

Because I don't have enough plates, I'm using as much vegetation as possible
without causing ridicule, in order to hide cracks, etc. LMK if you have other
suggestions.

TIA,
Shiri

(1) That's the name of the school I went to 'till 2nd grade ;)

Shiri,

I have actually done quite a bit creating hill's.  Unfortunately most are a lot
bigger than what you are doing.  Strangly enough the only hill landscape I ever
posted was for my Star Wars Rebel Base which was built into a hill side.

http://www.nelug.org/mfpics/eksw1.jpg
http://www.nelug.org/mfpics/mmsw3.jpg

For those that are relatively new to LUGNET these are pictures of the NELUG
set-up at Mindfest last Fall.  I did the base, Dave Eaton did one AT-AT, and
Shaun Sullivan did the other AT-AT and the AT-ST.  The rest was a combined
effort.  Just giving credit where credit is due.

Anyway for these hills/mountains on either side of the base entrance I mostly
used BURP's and Gray Bricks.  The interior is/was hollow with the exception of
a few supports.  You wouldn't want to lean on it to hard but I think it came
out pretty good.  I have actually collected a lot more BURP's since this
picture was taken and at some point in the future I plan on using this same
technique to build a mountain for my Castle World stuff.

I think if you have a few BURP's and some Bricks or Folliage to fill in the
gaps you could do something pretty impressive for Castle World.  I know Jeff
Johnstone mentioned he is going to do things mostly like setting up sets for a
movie or a play.  In that case only what you see has too look good.  If you
have large gaps that are hidden with scenery or something else I don't think it
really matters.

Let us know how things are comming.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group