 Castle / 2806
Re: [CW] Combining Stories over great distances.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 00:37:13 GMT

Jeff Johnston <sakura@mediaone.net> schreef in berichtnieuws
38B1B340.D8BA46DA@mediaone.net...
Eric Kingsley wrote:
What I was thinking however was how to combine stories of members that do • not
live close to each other.  My idea is actually quite simple.

Say Pawel and I wanted to combine stories and say have Richard Cypher (My
Character) visit or pass through The Devil's Gap (Pawel's Creation) all we
would have to do is have Pawel create a copy of Richard Cypher (Assuming he • has
the parts) and then take the pictures of Richard Cypher at The Devil's Gap.

Arjan and I have discussed doing just this, actually.  It seems like it'd
work pretty well!  I've got a 'clone' of Arjan's Qaballah that I'll be using
at some point in the future.

Of course this only works if someone has the parts to create a duplicate
character but at least in Richard Cypher's case all of his parts come from • sets
available in 1999-2000.  Unfortunately I could not (at least yet) return the
favor to Pawel because I don't have the parts to create a copy of Verneer • :-(.

If Verneer needs to come to any NELUG CastleWorld lands, I could recreate him
and loan him to whoever he's visiting.  I trust you folks, and besides, I'd • know
where you live. >8)

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++
YB73m

Ayup, we're both recreating eachother's characters and it'll be great!

More people could try this. You don't have to live near eachother, as long as
you both have the parts you need to create the same figs/creatures/structures
you'll need, you can do anything. Could indeed make for great stories.

Also, don't forget about the power of photo editing. Pawel has used this before
and now Jeff has succesfully created some "magical" effects. Great tool to spice
up pictures.

PS: Jeff:, almost got my castle finished! I'll probably have pics ready within a
few days. And oh yeah, I do have that Stingray head from the small set. Didn't
know it was a different head until I opened it. :)
--
Arjan Brugman
-