 Castle / 2198
Re: Trebuchet (was: Sneak preview Estuary Stronghold)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:56:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Catena writes:
SNIP

Actually, I'm not having a lot of luck with the sling part. I'd rather not cut
up a net to make a smaller sling, but it's looking like that's my best option
(folding the net does not work at all). Right now I've got a chain doubled • over
with a rubber band (from Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins) which I wedge into the • hole
of the 1x1. This isn't a great solution, cause it's really hard to make it
release at the right time.

Oh, by the way, for defensive purposes I recommend a ballista instead of a
trebuchet. Nothing quite like being able to spear an entire unit with a
sharpened tree trunk. ;)

Personal recommendation, don't even try for the sling approach.  It will
require a stout crossbar to stop the throwing arm, but put one of the catapult
buckets at the end and make it a hybrid.  If you don't put in the stop, the arm
will just keep going and centrifugal force will make the release very
unpredictable.

Either that or go with a NLS (non-Lego solution) with a bit of string and some
cloth and make the sling yourself.

Happy Hurling!

Lance