 Castle / 2161
Re: Sneak preview Estuary Stronghold
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 01:39:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bill Farkas writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Brok writes:

http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/models/index.htm
select from menu: Buildings:Estuary Stronghold

These are preliminary pictures of Estuary Stronghold, a medieval fortified
village.

Eric, Godzilla sized kudos!! I like how you combined the different colored
BURPS and all the different colored buildings - much better than all grey and
black. How 'bout a close up of the circular design over the doorway of the • grey
building with the black roof - it's only visible in one shot at a distance - • it
looks awesome.

How do you go about building such a large and highly creative design - do you
sketch it out first or just have a rough idea in mind and then improvise as
you go? I curious to find out!

All of these great models are inspiring and at the same time very humbling! I
don't have the space right now to build large models, so I usually shop the
clearance sections preparing for "some day". Meanwhile, I build small models
for each faction of my ever growing armies. I've built a battering ram in the
shape of a wolf's head for my Wolfpack guys (my favorites because my last name
means "wolf" in hungarian). I've also built a large wind-driven amphibious
land
cruiser called the Bird of Prey for the Black Hawks (as I call them). It looks
like a giant hawk and has two black sails for wings and wheels on both ends.
It
can cross any moat and the hawk's head on the front is high enough to breach
most walls. I used the parts from five of the sea serpent set! It looks
pretty cool, I wish I had a way of posting pictures!

Why don't you have a way? Many companies offer free sites to anyone, and the
one I use (geocities) comes with a WYSIWYG, user-friendly editor. No HTML
knowledge required. If scanning is the prob, send them to me (via snail-mail)
and I'll be happy to scan them for you.
It sounds VERY cool and I (and I'm sure that other people too) want to see it!

Still looking forward to "some day"

Yep, me too - planning on the summer when I get to retrieve all my lost bricks
from Israel, then planning on NEXT summer when I'll go back to my (big and
beautiful) house in Israel instead of this tiny and crampy (1) apartment in
which I live right now. I'm stocking on lego right now, because once I get
back to Israel I won't be finding much lego in MSRP prices... (2)

-Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

(1) also fits if you switch the "m" with a "p" ;-)
(2) Would you believe that I once saw a 5571 (when still in produce) in
a "cheap" shop for 1000 sheqels, at that time about $350?!?

"Someday,
when my life has passed me by,
I'll turn around and wonder why,
LEGO was always there for me"... ;-)