 Castle / 2147
Re: Sneak preview Estuary Stronghold
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:15:04 GMT

Wow.  That was one piece of work.  All those creative uses for pieces,
especially the round towers and the rock raiders canopy, really gave it a
realistic look.  I'm gonna round the towers on my castle now.  And is that a
Trebuchet in two of the pics or is it just a crane?  Because I've got a huge
Trebuchet in towards the right wall of my castle.  I don't have many soldiers,
so until I do, I'm going for the defensive approach by building a Trebuchet
the size of the state of Rhode Island.  If you don't know what a Trebuchet is,
it's like a catapult except that there are usually pieces of wood lashed
together in a triangular form on either side to form the base.  The
counterweight is suspended between these.  The firing arm is tied down,
loaded, then the counterweight drops and the payload is rocketed a great
distance.  Since my giant trebuchet is immobile until lego makes some
elephants or something to pull it, it's mounted on a rotating circle.  I'm
trying to get it to be able to go up and down, too.