 Castle / 18258
Re: Norman Keep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:37:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo wrote:
OK, I hope I get this picture image thing right...

Here are a few pics of my newest MOC, a compact keep which is the first part of
my new castle project. Thanks to Abe Friedman for taking pictures at last
weekened's WAMALUG meeting.

The keep from the outside:

I have since made the windows in the corners of the octagonal turrets much
narrower.

...and showing the interior, what will be the great hall:

It is sort of hard to see, but in the upper right hand corner, squeezed into the
square tower is a spiral staircase and a toilet. On the first floor there is a
entrance chamber where an intruder is exosed to fire from holes in the ceiling
and wall.

PLMKWYT!

Magnus, this is very nice!

Cool keep, considering it was built on a CRAPP (Crummy Ramp and Pit Plate)
plate. For some reason, the extra-tiny turrets feel so appropriate for this. The
way you made those arrow windows above the door is fascinating! The green floor
is well, a bit strange, but overall it's great!

Oh and BTW, what's that hinge you got near the door?\

Cheers,

Dean