 Castle / 18321
Re: Norman Keep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:58:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kai Gerkens wrote:
yes - there are some - evertime you see a drawbridge there should be a moat -
mostly made my placing the castle a little bit higher than the ground under the
drawbridge. sometimes it looks only like a little river - but if the "river"
surrounds the castle - you've got the moat ( hehe ).

I've made the "white lion castle" simply on green plates - in the back huge
rocks so the castle looks more realistic and not to flat on the ground.
for the siege scene it will be places on blue pvc sacks so the surrounding
"river" will be visible...in front of the castle ( other side of the drawbridge
) there will be the evil falcon's in bloodrush attacking the castle ;)

I guess something like that would work with your keep, but I dunno if I'll be
able to make a moat on mine, on the outside of a curtain wall.

BTW I never got around to complimenting on your keep, I love the way it opens up
and the way you've done the interior. Very nice indeed!

Magnus