 Castle / 17961
Re: The Keep of Stonebarrow - Complete MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 03:06:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Alan Findlay wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote:

--Anthony and Christina

Hi Anthony,

There’s not much new that I can add that hasn’t already been said in praise of your MOC, so I’ll take a different approach and ask a question :)

How long do you keep your MOCs assembled? Do you take them apart once you’ve photographed them, or do they go on display for a while (and for how long)?

Alan

First I’d like to apologize for being absent for so long here in .castle. I’ve been busy with a project, and figured I should just let things ride out. After all, I didn’t have anything else to say :)

I’m glad you liked our creation Alan, I’ll try my best to answer your question :)

Oops, questions :)

I keep my MOCs assembled until I have documented them and either used them in my story or have ruled out using them in my story. Typically a MOC of mine will stay together on average of 3 months. The dragons I have yet to take apart, with the exception of Formeathan, as I obviously re-created him. The Dragon Temple is about to be taken apart, and Dahyart is still standing.

The life span of a MOC for me is directly related to how proud I am of them. The dragons haven’t been disassembled yet because I am very proud of them. However, their life time is running thin. Ever since I redid Formeathan, I’ve become more and more embarressed at my other dragons because of their poor construction. I will soon be taking the three apart, with the exception of their heads, right after I finish creating the last one in LDraw.

Well, now that I’ve gone all long winded, I’ll end it there :)

Thanks for the reply!

--Anthony