 Castle / 17876
Re: The Keep of Stonebarrow - Complete MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:09:48 GMT

Anthony:

The castle is quite nice. I particularly like the inset windows.

And boy, those are some chunky looking trees nearby. Maybe you could have used some green slopes on the trees and some grey tiles on the bridges? I couldn’t decide whether I liked it as is or if I thought it needed some stud hiding. As someone else noted, there’s an interesting primitive quality to it.

Those griffin heads are rather like a different MOC we’ve seen lately aren’t they? I liked their inclusion here as an architectural motif. It allowed a resonance with the birds atop the tower.

BTW, who is your co-builder here? Has this person been introduced before and I just missed it? I’d also be curious to know who built what and how the work progressed. Anything you can relate about the collaboration would be good to know.

-- Hop-Frog