 Castle / 17873
Re: The Keep of Stonebarrow - Complete MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 02:37:27 GMT

Wow guys this moc is really amazing. I love the asymetrical castle, but mostly the exterior landscaping. I’ve always said that setting is just as key as the moc itself, and this is proof. The trees and the bridges are excellent, and of course the water feature. The only thing I would do differently is to maybe add some plates to the outside landscaping, to take away some of the harsh elevation changes. But this is just a small thing, you’ve done a fine job. I have to say that I almost prefer the earlier pre-folliage version. Something about that stark dark gray rock looked volcanic and suitably opressive. The castle itself is very well excecuted, and the fact that you can separate at every level for viewing is awesome. Oh, I almost forgot the escape tunnel (if thats what it is), an awesome detail that made me laugh. This has to be one of my all time favorite castle scenes. Again, kudos on a job well done. -Keith