 Castle / 17915
Re: The Keep of Stonebarrow - Complete MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 21:12:16 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote:

Number of BURPs used: 0 --Anthony

Hey Anthony,

I never got around to commenting on this when this first went up, but this is an awesome MOC. I’m impressed that there are no BURPs; even when you can’t see any BURPs in my larger creations, they’re almost always underneath playing a structural role. How did you build up the ground without them? Is it more solid or more hollow underneath?

I really like the landscaping on this. I generally use a lot of plates, which gives a smoother slope, but the problem with that is that sometimes when I photograph it you can’t really see the texture (unless I use a fig’s-eye-view for my camera angle). Having an almost all brick landscape, you don’t seem to run into that.

Lots of nice details in this like the SNOT-y griffin(?) heads by the gate, the dwarf underground (was this inspired by Dave Eaton’s MOC at Brickfest? if so, you build awfully fast), LOL at the space figs thrown in the dungeon, the block-y trees (I’ll have to try that), the way you use arches to inset the windows and gates (I’ll definitely use that), the fruit trees. All over this is a gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing.

Bruce