 Castle / 17962
Omnibus Update: Castle (MM & 3CS) and Miscellaneous
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 03:26:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

Well, I shamed myself into action, and now I have a Medieval Marketplace shop to
share with you: D'Scribe-It Manuscripts.

The local monks set up their tent each market day, selling their literacy to a
mostly illiterate populace. Letters and books are written or read, books bought
and sold.

In this scene, we see a prominent guild member taking possession of a newly
bound family book, while one monk leaves on an errand. Inside another monk works
by candlelight putting the finishing touches on a letter on behalf of another
customer. And who is that peaking through the back flap? A lady of the town
seems to be lurking, looking for a chance to have a letter read but not wanting
others to know she is there. A love letter, perhaps?

With a better camera from the office I can now offer a better view of my
impromptu 3CS Corner City Gate.

These views show how the structure would connect to the walls by the aid of
add-ons.

The original gate and wall structure that I'm working on is here:

The walls have been updated from the last time I posted. I'm still not satisfied
with the towers, but until I acquire a bunch of facet bricks they will continue
to look blocky.

Eventually I will have more corner units attached to the ends of the walls,
using raised baseplates. The rest of the city walls will be a bit different as
they are meant to be along waterfront (I haven't yet decided whether ocean or
lake), with a causeway from the fourth corner to my Keep.

Finally, a personal MOC. Inspired by the Lego roses auctioned early this year, I
looked for a way to create something similar for my wife in yellow. Yellow roses
are her favourite. Browsing through Bricklink, I found a shop here in Canada
that had yellow facet bricks (and other yellow bricks) that would work for what
I envisaged. The result is bulkier than Lego's red roses, but my wife was just
as pleased.

So, that's my omnibus update of MOCs.

Given that we are now passing the second anniversary of September 11, I offer
for your consideration my attempt at dealing with the events of that day, first
presented online earlier this year:

Alan