 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2533
Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:12:33 GMT

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEtelia.com> wrote in message
John wrote:

OK, I used <0.1,0.1,0.1> for all three lights,

I usually write that as: 0.1*<1.0,1.0,1.0> which makes it much easier to
adjust the brightness, especially if you're using coloured lights (or many
lights).

That is a great tip Anders! That will save me a lot of time when tweaking
lights.

Remember that the sum of all lights used should be in the vicinity of 1.0,
too much and you get a 'washed out' effect, too little and you get
darkness.

Ahh, so if I am using four lights each light should have an intensity of
<0.25,0.25,0.25> so that all four combined would be the equivalent of
<1,1,1>?

- John