 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2529
Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:18:28 GMT

John wrote:

OK, I used <0.1,0.1,0.1> for all three lights,

I usually write that as: 0.1*<1.0,1.0,1.0> which makes it much easier to
adjust the brightness, especially if you're using coloured lights (or many
lights).

Remember that the sum of all lights used should be in the vicinity of 1.0,
too much and you get a 'washed out' effect, too little and you get darkness.

An old example of many lights can be seen at
http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/merry.htm (my 1998 'Christmas Card'), scroll
down to the raytraced pictures.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden