 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2517
Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 07:59:27 GMT

Hi John,

Orion's already explained most of how I work as well: L3P the .mpd with
LGEO and mesh-enhance it. (I never just run the whole file through the
enhancer, just certain parts here and there.)

Add in radiosity and the lugnet colors. (I'm using my own radiosity
settings and wrote an include file that manages all the colors found on
http://guide.lugnet.com/color/.)

Then add in an HDR image. This gives much better lighting and reflection
than a plain white skysphere.

Then render. And wait, and wait, and wait... (I think the result looks
better than plain fastrad, but it sure takes a LOT longer to render.)

I've been working on and off on a tutorial on how to render LDraw files
with radiosity and HDRI for a whole while now, but real life keeps in
intruding... I promise I'll try to finish it and get it (and all my include
files) online before the end of the year!

BTW, I've done a quick test render of the Enzo. You can find it at
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Koyan/Temp/Misc/8652.png

Cheers,
Koyan