 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2318
Re: Problem creating .pov using LGEO parts in L3PAdd-on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim David wrote:
   I have always had problems with the -lgeo (Use LGEO Library). At first I put it down to incorrect installation but I recently re-installed using the all-inone installer. My installation is to D:Program Files but other than that is pretty much standard. I am using XP. When I use the switch I get a Command Prompt screen very briefly and no .pov file. Copying the Generated Command Line from L3PAdd-on into a Command Prompt windows and running it from there I get the error:

Can’t open C:[..]LGEO]L2PELMT.TAB

I can’t work out why it is referencing C:. All the Lego CAD apps including POVRay are on the D: drive. L3PAdd-on knows the location of the LGEO Library (D:Program FilesLdraw\AppsLGEO\).

Anyone got any ideas?

Try the following.

1) Open L3PAO 2) On the file menu select “TOOLS -> LOCATE LGEO LIBRARY”

If L3PAO does not know where the LGEO library is at it will prompt you for the path. In your case choose D:Program FilesLdraw\AppsLGEO\

3) Also make sure that your .POV file that you are created has NO SPACES and is not too long. Try to stay with an 8.3 format, you can rename it later.

Hope this helps, let me know if it does.

-AHui

LDraw Help Desk

Tim