 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2324
Re: Problem creating .pov using LGEO parts in L3PAdd-on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:26:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim David wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Tim David wrote:
I have always had problems with the -lgeo (Use LGEO Library).
[...]
Can't open C:\[..\][LGEO\]L2P_ELMT.TAB

I can't work out why it is referencing C:\. All the Lego CAD apps
including POVRay are on the D:\ drive. L3PAdd-on knows the location
of the LGEO Library (D:\Program Files\Ldraw\Apps\LGEO\).

Maybe you have a Libray_Path wrong in POV, so it's looking for include files
in the wrong place?

POV: 'Tools' -> 'Edit Master POVRAY.INI', go to the end of the file, You may
have any number of lines like these:

Library_Path=C:\Program\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\INCLUDE
Library_Path=C:\Program\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\LGEO
Library_Path=C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
Library_Path=C:\Program\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\Lego_Radiosity

Having got the .pov file created I did have to include a Library path to the
LGEO.inc files folder. Once that was set I managed to get a render in 3.1 but
got more errors in 3.5, something to do with version levels. I also got a
strange wrongly positioned parts problem in the resultant render (it was OK
without LGEO parts). I will upload images to show and research the exact 3.5
error later.
tim

The wrongly positioned parts can be seen in these two images

Non-LGEO version, in correct position
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/talltim/Extras/nonlgeo.jpg
LGEO version, parts moved down
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/talltim/Extras/lgeo.jpg

The error when rendering the .pov file in POVRay 3.5 can be seen
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/talltim/Extras/3_5error.jpg
the same file renders without error messages (but with the error above) in 3.1

Tim