 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2326
Re: Problem creating .pov using LGEO parts in L3PAdd-on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:22:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim David wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim David wrote:
Having got the .pov file created I did have to include a Library path to the
LGEO.inc files folder. Once that was set I managed to get a render in 3.1 but
got more errors in 3.5, something to do with version levels. I also got a
strange wrongly positioned parts problem in the resultant render (it was OK
without LGEO parts). I will upload images to show and research the exact 3.5
error later.
tim

The wrongly positioned parts can be seen in these two images

Non-LGEO version, in correct position
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/talltim/Extras/nonlgeo.jpg
LGEO version, parts moved down
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/talltim/Extras/lgeo.jpg

Yeah, that part (6187.DAT) has a weird origin, IMO.  But, the cause of
the problem is that LGEO doesn't use the same origin - at least with the
libraries I have installed.  So, to fix it, add the following directive at
lines 159 and 308 of the LGEO file lg_6187.inc:

  translate <0, 0, -2*LG_BRICK_WIDTH>

The error when rendering the .pov file in POVRay 3.5 can be seen
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/talltim/Extras/3_5error.jpg
the same file renders without error messages (but with the error above) in 3.1

I had a similar problem when upgrading to version 3.5 of POV-Ray.  Try
modifying the lg_color.inc file by bracketing the #include of colors.inc
with #version directives:

#version 3.5
#include "colors.inc"
#version 3.0

There's probably a better solution than this, but this worked for me...  :-)

HTH,

Mark