 CAD / LDD / *236 (-20)
  Does LDD's LDraw importer actually work?

I recently had a Bricksmith user write asking for help importing an LDraw file into LDD. (He was using LDraw because LDD made it very difficult to build his model.) But when he attempts to import the LDraw file, he sees at most the first brick of (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  BrickHelper v1.1 released

Hi guys, Just thought I would announce the release of BrickHelper v1.1. This is my utility program that lets you list the parts inventory of creations made in LDD, and export that inventory to a Bricklink wanted list, which you can then upload to (...) (14 years ago, 21-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LDraw.xml now at version 1.81.3 LDD

Now at version 1.81.3 with LDD version 3.0.11 with brick version 114 (URL) New LDraw.xml Ver. 1.81.3 for LDR to LDD Conversions> Gallagher (URL) GallaghersArt.com> (14 years ago, 28-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  LDraw.xml now at version 1.81 LDD

You can view all the info and download the current LDraw.xml version 1.81 public and beta version from my site. Due to some browsers that add extra characters to the file I have now made both versions as a ZIP download. And since Brickshelf expands (...) (14 years ago, 22-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  ** Current Conversion file for LDraw to LDD ver. 1.7

Just went through the parts and we do have a good amount of new parts added with this update. Fixed and added many colors. For now I’m sticking to the parts that are easy to get done. Going for the bulk first, I will then work on the complex parts (...) (15 years ago, 7-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  LDD - Robotic Gripper

I modeled a robotic gripper end effector in LEGO Digital Designer. This design is the result of work I have done and a combination of techniques I have seen on Brickshelf.com. (URL) I have used this design on some of the Chassis prototypes I have (...) (15 years ago, 8-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) IIRC, what I did was copy-paste the opposite end of that moonbase module. (...) That is certainly doable. However, I have more pressing matters to attend, and my knowledge of computational geometry (or lack of) could pose a problem. Those (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"ivansanchez" <ivan@sanchezortega.es> wrote in message news:KLFwK1.LqK@lugnet.com... (...) I see. I not only had to move the surrounding windscreens, I also had to move the surrounding 1x6 curved slope bricks, and a 1x1 technic brick with hole, (...) (15 years ago, 19-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Connection != collision. I do think LDD could still know about studs and axles and ignore hulls. On the other hand... Geoffrey Hyde wrote: (...) Well, this is a CAD software, and I expect everything to be perfectly aligned to a 1-LDU grid, (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) It may be a bit off but... it works! (...) ...NXT programming language and firmware in version 2 switched to floating points... for the best and/or for the worse ;o) (...) I have no true information here, but I believe this is simply (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"ivansanchez" <ivan@sanchezortega.es> wrote in message news:KLE94G.Ezw@lugnet.com... (...) I have to disagree with your assessment of that: (URL) LDD lets me do that, beautiful! I don't mind a gap or two, in fact given it happens all the time in (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Gee, thanks :-) (...) free space between the black gear and the 1/2 stud bush. I've nudged things a bit and got this: (URL) wrong anyway - if you center the camera on the axle for the black wheel and zoom in, you'll see that the axle is (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Excellent trick, thanks for bringing it to our attention! (...) Your rotated gears seem perfectly placed, I was able to fit properly connected beams around them: (URL) it would appear that the problem is that LDD's collision engine is a bit (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) That'd be me :-) Using the "unzip the .lxf" technique explained here... (URL) I managed to rotate and offset the bricks at will, so it's possible to position them just right. It seems that offsetting the gears by 7.5mm and 1.1mm, they seem to (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:KLDtB0.Bv7@lugnet.com... (...) From what I and a lurker here figured out in a few emails to each other, it would appear that the problem is that LDD's collision engine is a bit (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Same thing here. I was able to mesh Z36 with Z12 and "almost" z36 with z20. All other combinations that obviously works fine in real world failed. Philo (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

To TLG: I have found that there is a problem with the two gears, which LDD refers to as "double conical wheel", included in LEGO Factory. These are described in the LDD Factory palette as "double conical wheel Z12 1M" and "double conical wheel Z20 (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: BrickHelper v0.9 - a .LXF Inventory Application

(...) Snip (...) results with my current method: save as ldraw file then import into BrickStore. Regards ROSCO (15 years ago, 20-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  BrickHelper v0.9 - a .LXF Inventory Application

Attn. Everyone: I've completed an initial version of this LXF file utility program I've been working on, aka 'BrickHelper'. With this program you can load a creation made in Lego Digital Designer, get an inventory of it's parts, and export a (...) (15 years ago, 18-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  **** CURRENT LDraw.XML ver 1.6 **** Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

Spent a bit more timed then I had planned but bunches of new parts! Many new parts for this LDD parts library ver 38.25. Just uploaded the most current version of the LDraw.xml (ver. 1.6e) file need to import and export LDR files with LDD. To (...) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact