 CAD / 17011
17010  |  17012
Subject:
The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:58:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

There is a discussion in the Lugnet group at facebook on the fact that people
leave Lugnet.com in favour for other, often theme specialized sites. Questions
like "Why is it so and what can be done to get people back to Lugnet?" are
discussed.

Some say the just CAD related discussions there at Lugnet nowadays, and yes
they're quite right. But even that activity has decreased a lot IMO. The few
posts there may be read hundreds of times, but responses are few and from very
few people. While theme geeks may have moved to theme specific sites, were have
LDrawers moved? Away from LCad I'm afraid? And, worst of all, aren't there any
new people joining? Or is there some new, large and vivid LDraw discussion forum
that I'm unaware of? LCad is such a great thing, but do we attract new
enthusiasts, or are we even scaring them away somehow?

People complain about Lugnet.com being outdated and stone age and inconvenient
to access and participate in. I don't agree on that, but that doesn't help
Lugnet. And I think it's closer to the truth if it has been LDraw.org described
that way. I have never found LDraw.org attractive or easy to navigate, or even
to access.

What do you think?

/Tore