 CAD / 17024
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:47:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
And, worst of all, aren't there any  new people joining?

As fas as I understand young people, it might have something to do with a high
proportion of text matched with a low proportion of visuals. It seems that new
generations prefer it to be very much the other way round. I've looked at some
sites aimed at young adulds, and for me these were rather difficult to navigate
through. This was due to an almost complete lack of navigation related text,
that otherwise might have helped me along. The navigation on such sites is more
like a Iphone or a E-magazine, you have to click on a pictogram or other image,
and behind that the item one looks for, is hidden somehow. My biggest problem
with that was, that I often failed to recognise the relation between the image
and the bit of navigation it was supposted to label. For instance, a trendy
picture of the building that hosted a venue represented the link where you had
to register/sign up for the venue.