 CAD / 17019
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 02:05:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
People complain about Lugnet.com being outdated and stone age and inconvenient
to access and participate in. I don't agree on that, but that doesn't help
Lugnet.

I'm with you on this Tore.  I sure I've said this before but I despise the flat
posting style of forums like phpBB and I like threaded discussions.  Threads
allow the conversation to wander to 2 or more different but related discussions
while allowing a newcomer to make sense of it all.  Since Lugnet has threads and
several other features that some people like (e.g. like NNTP access and
subscribe by mail) I take the "if it ain't broke, why fix it" position.  If
enough noise is made in this regard, I'll try and find something that suits
LDraw.org needs but I will not support moving to a flat posting, bulletin board
style.

-Orion