 CAD / 17021
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:07:29 GMT

My turn to respond:

IMHO LDraw is certainly not dead. In fact here in the Netherlands it’s is alive
and kicking. With me presenting it to the public at LEGOWORLD in Zwolle every
October I think there are many users who have joined since 2002 when I began
doing so. I ever so often get questions from Dutch users on my website and there
is an active topic on the forum of Lowlug. Many Dutch AFOLS are using it to
document models and create full instructions for them. The thing is that they do
not publish them or discuss at LUGNET but more on local forums or events.

However my concern would be this: imagine key people like the ones in the
streerco quitting, getting less time or worse. Then we'd have a major problem
like we had few years ago when LDraw was kind of dead due to the lack of part
updates.  And I say "we" because LDraw is and always will be depending on
volunteers who put in their precious time for a great thing. And though I am not
very active lately here on LUGNET I still feel part of it.

On how to re-atract people to LUGNET I have no ideas, sorry.

Jaco