 CAD / 17022
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:52:31 GMT

On 2010-03-14, Tim Gould <tgould.lego> wrote:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/03/14/the-future-of-ldraw/

If you are a user I'd really like to know what you use LDraw for?
Do you use it to document old models?

Hm, not really.  But I see definitely the potential in doing it.  Once I
start dismantling my old models (which, given the place and budget issues,
is only a matter of time), I will probably do this as well.

To makeinstructions?  To make nice pictures?  To make things you don't
have the bricks for?  To design models you later build in bricks?

Yes to all of the above!  The latter also (as someone else mentined) when
I'm away from home and need to put something "on paper" or check whether a
combination that's been on my mind for the last few hours actually works,
etc.

Needless to say (but it can't hurt), I very much appreciate the work you
guys have been doing on LDraw.
LDD is still not a real competitor in my eyes, mostly because the limited
palette, but also because of the limitations put to the ways bricks can be
put together (unless this has changed recently, I must admit I haven't
tried LDD in a while).

Cheers,
Matija