 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4364
  My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

Hello, I have posted a video of a working Flexpicker built out of Lego. It uses 4 NXT bricks. If you get a chance, please check it out. I hope you enjoy. Show the love with 5 stars! (URL) (15 years ago, 8-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

Pffff, oh man, that is so awesome. The only other flex picker I saw was in Brick Fest 2003: (URL) am very impressed with how you made this. Excellent work. This kind of job really shows how high tech Lego can be. Many thanks for the video! Eric (...) (15 years ago, 8-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) Crazy cool! (15 years ago, 11-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) I've made 3-4 different versions as well. I unfortunately don't have any photos of the most recent version. (URL) my efforts have been more focused on speed than specific assembly tasks. They are fantastic robots to work with. We used an ABB (...) (15 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) Seeing yours helped me to understand these machines a bit more too, thanks! Ugg so many cool parts, all those ball joint control arms, very nice! (...) I see these machines work very quickly indeed! (...) (15 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) This one can run much faster. I am running the motors at 35%. I had to choose between realism and speed. If it goes much faster, when it stops suddenly, the loose joints cause it to swing and sway. I would have to put about a one second pause (...) (15 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) What I want to know is what collegiat logo is that in the background. STATE is all I can see. (15 years ago, 16-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) The Ohio State University. My alma mater and my second passion. (15 years ago, 16-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) 35%. That shows how precise these systems are. I bet it would "whip" around higher than that. Additional gearing down would just make it bigger. I think that pause is also advantageous in that, you get a chance to hear and or realize all the (...) (15 years ago, 17-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) I just go an invitation to display this robot at the ABB Technology Days in Auburn, MI in April. How cool is that! Chris (15 years ago, 19-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) Congrats! That is great! How did they learn about your Robot? Did they see it on Youtube? This is a great opportunity! I bet people will be very very very interested in your robot! Likewise, I am sure it will be equally facinating for you to (...) (15 years ago, 25-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) They found out about it because I ruthlessly, shamelessly sent emails and posts to everywhere I could find, including ABB and some of their partner companies. I had no intentions except saying "Hey, look at this." They did, and they liked it. (...) (15 years ago, 26-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

Chris, Your story and your efforts make me smile! KUDOS-2-U!! ...keep us posted! yours, Eric Sophie Legomaster Biomechanical Bricks p.s. congrats on the Gizmodo nod, too cool! (15 years ago, 26-Feb-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) The robot is set up and ready to run Tuesday thru Thursday at the ABB Technology Days! Check out some of the photos. (URL) (15 years ago, 20-Apr-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

.../snip (...) Wow, absolutely fantastic work. Congrates! This is worth a web-site with details, programs, photos, building instructions, comments, descriptions... that could be inspired from Philo's site. -Claude (15 years ago, 20-Apr-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) I am going to take some video at the show. The lighting there is spectacular. I really hope to get more details published. Getting ready for the show has taken sooooo much time. Chris (15 years ago, 20-Apr-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

Fantastic! Sweet set up. Everything looks so clean and tidy. Your set up is very nice. Looks like people will be able to get up close to your display to see how it works, rather than the caged industrial robots. Funny, don't be surprised if your (...) (15 years ago, 21-Apr-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) Some video of the Lego Flexpicker at ABB Technology days has been published on YouTube. (URL) some (it is all pretty cool) then go to 5:50 to see the display. The trip was awesome, and some really cool things are happening. ABB loves it and (...) (15 years ago, 27-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube

(...) Hey all, Just a moment to brag a little. I just learned that my Flexpicker robot was featured on the MAKE magazine blog ((URL) and the Singularity Hub blog ((URL) Singularity Hub blog has some very interesting comments about DIY robotics that (...) (15 years ago, 16-Sep-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)