 Robotics / NXT / 1126
Re: My Lego Flexpicker Video on YouTube
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:58:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Eric Sophie wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Iain Hendry wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Eric Sophie wrote:

Pffff, oh man, that is so awesome. The only other flex picker I saw was in Brick
Fest 2003:

I've made 3-4 different versions as well.  I unfortunately don't have any photos
of the most recent version.

Hey wow, I like your solution as well! Well done and very straight forward.
Seeing yours helped me to understand these machines a bit more too, thanks!

Ugg so many cool parts, all those ball joint control arms, very nice!

However my efforts have been more focused on speed than specific assembly tasks.
They are fantastic robots to work with.  We used an ABB IRB340 for testing and
sorting milk samples in viles at high speed for a customer.

I see these machines work very quickly indeed!

-Iain

This one can run much faster.  I am running the motors at 35%.  I had to choose
between realism and speed.  If it goes much faster, when it stops suddenly, the
loose joints cause it to swing and sway.  I would have to put about a one second
pause to let it stop before the next move.  It is not pretty.

Plus, the center of gravity of the thing is really high and it is moving all the
time, so the whole frame sways a lot too.  I spent a significant time developing
a rigid frame.

Chris