 Ambassadors / 173
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Status Report - Summer 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:28:05 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Big part of the secrecy issue is actually figuring out what must be kept secret and what doesn’t have to. Before the Ambassadors, TLG kept everything underwraps except what they needed to for marketting purposes. The idea of the Ambassadors meant that some information could be given out. So how do we figure that out? Information given on the Ambassador list could be okay or it could be not okay (to announce). The answer is often “I’m not sure, let me check.” So the Ambassadors ask Steve, and Steve asks his boss, and his boss askes whoever the information relates to and that person may or may not answer in a timely manner.

Then it sounds to me like this is an area that Steve and the Ambassadors need to work on.

If I were LEGO, what I would do is whenever information is being shared with the Ambassadors, I would include along with that information some indication of “how secret” it is, and when it can be made public. This way there wouldn’t be this uncertainty about secrecy.