 Ambassadors / 172
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Status Report - Summer 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:20:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Well it’s time for my semi-annual rant on LEGO Windows...

I do hope the LEGO Ambassadors Issues List contains the problem of there NOT being a LEGO window system since 1987 (when most of the 9 classic LEGO windows were retired).

With the worst kept secret about not replacing the glue machine for the 2x2 classic windows and the danger of last white 2x2 windows disappearing forever from the LEGO Shop-At-Home (we haven’t seen ANY 2x2 windows in any LEGO sets in a few years now), I do hope that TLG has some plans in regards to this problem.

The new CAFE CORNER set was a wonderful design, but what a hodgepodge of fake windows. Even the LEGO Designers have been complaining about this problem.

I have to give AFOL’s credit on creative ways to “make” windows, since there are no longer a matching variety to actually choose from. I was at the NMRA Train Show in Detroit yesterday, and the interesting ways that AFOLs have come up with to overcome the handicap of a lack of LEGO windows, was quite a sight to behold.

But when I see windows made with clear bricks and antennas, it becomes another irritating reminder of what is missing in the over 13,000 part LEGO element assortment.

But with the TOY OF THE CENTURY having only a few non-matching windows to choose from for building (and the possibility of the popular 2x2 window disappearing from the scene), it really is a shame.

Another problem is a the very limited “system” in sloped bricks. Thank God for Bricklink, otherwise we would only ever see intricate sloped roofs on houses in red or black.

Sorry to rant, but it had to be said!

Cheers,

Gary Istok