 Ambassadors / 141
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Status Report - Summer 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:33:58 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Nathan Todd wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Felix Greco wrote:
   Is there a group that is underrepresented? Speak up and get on board.

Eurobricks is without representation despite, I’m told, many of their admin and founders applying each term. I think most people would include EB in a list of the big forums but it is the only one completely unrepresented (Yes ambassadors post there, but they only have a few posts each.)

This is an interesting question about how representation should be spread. I believe that each fan should feel like they have access to an Ambassador to a reasonable degree. That is an ideal that, from cycle to cycle, we should move closer to. I believe Steve Witt shares that ideal and is working towards it.

A key part of the Ambassador program is the responsibility of the Ambassadors to keep a visible and wide role in their community. By ‘wide,’ I mean they should visit and post on as many forums as they can so that each of those people feel they have representation. And a key part of that responsibility is to step down when they are unable to maintain that level of activity - to give someone else who is able and willing the chance to do their duty. A healthy amount of turn-over will make the Ambassador program stronger.

Personally, I stepped down because my son was on the way and I knew I wouldn’t have the time to give. I’m not going to re-apply anytime soon because I feel adequately represented - I have several friends who are Ambassadors and I know they share my thoughts and concerns. It is better, IMHO, to give more people a chance by not including my name in the pool that TLG has to choose from.

A second duty of Ambassadors should be informing TLG about the next generation of community - to help guide the community and the company closer together. I’m off topic now, but one of the biggest things I did while an Ambassador was to recommend Nathan Wells to help the Castle 2007 team. He turned out to be very important in the process, and made the end result much better.

-Lenny