 Ambassadors / 128
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Status Report - Summer 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 05:01:22 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Allister McLaren wrote:

   That surely doesn’t apply to the ‘Issues List’ though. I for one would like to see what was on that list, and why.

What’s on the list? The standard range of complaints that you read about on this or other fora: complaints about colour and quality, piece and set design, themes, gender bias/availability, leaks, availability and pricing and so on.

That’s still a little vague. I just think if the ambassadors are going to complain in the name of the community, the community should get a say in what they complain about.

Personally, I think it’d be better to take just a couple of the complaints to the company, preferably ones that are readily fixable (if any are) rather than a lengthy list dumped on them all at once, and I’m disappointed I didn’t get a chance to say so before the ambassadors acted in my name.

   Why? Because they’re fan concerns.

   Regarding secret from the community - that does happen, but to a lesser extent. An example would be how many in the castle community were upset that the Viking sets were redesigned before final release.

I’m confused. How did they know thery were redesigned if they were kept secret?

The vikings designs were NOT kept secret. That is the problem. Had the earlier designs been kept secret, the castle community would not have known how different the final designs were, and presumably would not have been upset that they had been changed.

So the preference amongst ambassadors and the company is for more secrecy?

Allister