 Administrative / General / 13980
Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:47:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Gereon Stein wrote:
   I think it makes sense to post a small update on this issue:

As a matter of fact, email is running fine since the discovery of the “hang” some days ago. We have a comprehensive warning and traffic management mechanism in place so we should not run into a similar backlog again.

However, we do experience delivery problems to some destinations, which we are trying to resolve case by case. These delivery problems are basically of three types:
  1. general network failure: Some networks, esp. in the US, seem to have had

  2. mail delivery failure: Some servers have - for a variety of reasons - refused

  3. service slow-down due to high server load: The LUGNET server runs through a
  4. almost completely. Stay tuned ;)
Thanks for your patience,

Jerry

Related problem maybe (I haven’t been following this thread):

I’ve sent two messages today via NNTP and no authentication posts have shown up as of yet. First message sent 2 hours ago. I am posting this message from the web interface.

Thanks,
Rob
LifeLites Micro Lighting Solutions