 Administrative / General / 13965
Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:11:48 GMT

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message

I am so sorry - apparently we had a severe problem in the mail system that
went
unnoticed (I really was knee-deep in a number of issues and did not
suspect
anything to be wrong, let alone the warning system to actually
misinterpret the
status of the mail system).

This is apparently still happening.  I sent a post for authentication on
11/23/2007 10:19AM and the authentication message did not show up until
11/23/2007 3:12PM - can you tell us if this is going to be a recurring
issue, or are there some peak traffic times that are being experienced?

I am very sorry for all the inconveniences. I have identified what went
wrong
and will take measures to avoid similar failure in the future.

I think you have identified something that went wrong, there is more as yet
unidentified that needs to be fixed.

Thanks for flagging this - otherwise I might not have noticed before the
weekend
(when some routine checks were due anyway).

I'm flagging this because I know you'll discover what went wrong.  Hopefully
you can stop it from happening again.

I sent you some private email on this subject, perhaps what I was
speculating about there did not really happen as I thought.  If it is
incorrect please disregard it.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde