 Administrative / General / 13962
Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:44:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Willy Tschager wrote:
Hi,

someone else experiencing the following:

* No authentication mails form Lugnet when posting through the web interface
when not logged in
* No posts when posting through the newsreader
* The only way to post is through the web interface with login

I already pinged the Admins but haven't got reply so far.

w.

Hi Willy,

I am so sorry - apparently we had a severe problem in the mail system that went
unnoticed (I really was knee-deep in a number of issues and did not suspect
anything to be wrong, let alone the warning system to actually misinterpret the
status of the mail system).

Anyway, the server is currently digging through the backlog of initially some
16000 unprocessed mails (as I write this, it's down to 3000 already), with a lot
of spam apparently. Open articles should be receiving their authentication
replies today.

I am very sorry for all the inconveniences. I have identified what went wrong
and will take measures to avoid similar failure in the future.

Thanks for flagging this - otherwise I might not have noticed before the weekend
(when some routine checks were due anyway).

Regards,

Jerry